The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The partnership

Des has turned up. He's a balding twenty-something who doesn't like laundering his clothes and has an unhealthy obsession with speed and techno. We are 'working together', which means he's supposed to show me the ropes and help me get my hands around this weirdo system they have here for logging documents. He doesn't seem too keen to be showing me any kind of rope, though. He's too busy asking me what clubs I go to and have I ever heard this track or some other track. He's getting on my tits but at least he's not endlessly staring at them.

What I do like about Des is that supervisor Maura seems to have some kind of problem with him. I always champion the underdog- especially when it's being bullied by a shitfaced cow like Maura- so I've been extra nice to him and pretend to look really engrossed as she shows me for the seventh time what happens when I press Button A. According to Des, the girl I'm covering for is off indefinitely, so this might be a long one. I've brought in my own mug from home and have been stealing everybody else's hot beverages. I've built up quite a lovely collection of herbal infusions from the eternal slimmer six desks away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home