The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

10 lies your temp agency will tell you

1. I'm sorry we don't have anything else that will suit you. You'll just have to stay in that assignment for now.

2. Sorry but [insert name of your consultant here] isn't available to take your call. Of course she's not avoiding you!

3. This assignment has excellent prospects.

4. You were my first choice for this assignment.

5. We don't seem to have received your timesheet. No, there's no problem with our fax machine

6. Yes, we've sent off your P60 do the emergency taxing should stop soon.

7. We said £7 an hour, not £10 an hour.

8. It's not really my job to look for jobs for you. You should be telling me about assignments you've seen on our website.

9. You'll be working in a modern, friendly setting.

10. We've got thousands of brilliant positions. Just keep checking back every day and I'm sure the right one for you will come along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home