The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Let me check my diary

The unthinkable has happened and Des has asked me out for a drink. I'm insulted by this. I'm probably the only girl that hasn't recoiled in horror from his eerie grin, but surely he thinks I can do better than him. I'm no Kate Moss, but I like to think I'm out of this guy's league.

Sadly, my assignment here is due to end next Friday. Des has suggested we go along on the St. Patrick's Day that the firm is organising, despite not one of them being Irish at all. I've said I'll have to see what I'm doing. I don't want to piss Des off because it's good to have an ally of any sort- even one with bad teeth and a speed addiction.

I've told Ella, my new consultant at the agency, that I wouldn't mind doing a bit more reception work. Receptionists usually get the better chairs and meet a variety of people as opposed to being stuck next to a slobbering oaf all day. They also get unlimited access to a phone, and it's been a while since I spoke to a lot of my old university friends. I haven't really pissed her off yet so she's being really nice to me- she said she'd see what she can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home