The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Don't mess with the mother

Finally I have the time to blog again, not that anything much has happened. My protegee is now ready to fly the nest and is handing in her month's notice this week. She's got her place at beauty school and is ready to rock. Her mother has been informed and is unsurprisingly blaming me- and so she should.

I don't normally eat in the staff canteen, preferring to go to the park or just sit anywhere but the office when it's time to have lunch, but the other day was so hot I couldn't bear to brave the elements and leave the air con behind (it was working that day). When I was deciding which kind of quiche was least likely to give me food poisoning, I heard a thunderclap behind me. I turned round to see Jeanette striding towards me with all the grace and charm of a birthing rhino. I smiled and got no smile back so I guessed the deed had been done and Donna had revealed her plans.

To cut a long story short Jeanette insisted on sitting opposite me as I pretended to eat my salad. She spat and convulsed like a Tasmanian devil, saying I was putting ridiculous ideas into her daughter's head. Now, Jeannie works in HR and is kind of important, but my lunch break is fucking precious to me and it was bad enough I was having to spend it in the building instead of out in the park checking out the hotties so I just said "Oh Christ, Jeanette, the only thing I'm putting into Donna's head is actual thoughts, something she's never experienced thanks to you suffocating her at every turn. Now why not go and discuss this with Donna and let me eat this poor excuse for a salad in peace?" She said I could "get fucked", which is absolutely correct- I can and DO get fucked unlike her- and then she was gone.

I was clever this time and forewarned my supervisor about the bust-up but she said it sounded like a personal matter and wouldn't affect my job here. If anything she said Jeanette;s swearing had made her look worse. All the same, I've decided that my work here is done and it's time to move on. It's not all bad, I reckon I gave Donna a boost and I even managed to nab myself a little souvenir of my time at this job- the beautiful Matthieu. Haha. I think I've got a couple more weeks while they try and take on two new members of staff so I've still got time to show them just who is the mightiest Receptionista of them all.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger tempgirl said…

    No! Are you?

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOU are one hell of a receptionista. wish I had half the testicles you do (and yes...I know you're a chickie).


    it must just sound nicer with an accent. maybe I'll practice...so when I tell the robots to go suck it...it'll be sweet.

    tee hee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home