The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Getting away with it

Today's been a bit of a downer so far because it's the anniversary of the London tube bombings so everyone's been quieter and a bit nicer to each other. Donna and me have been spreading the love by wearing lower-cut tops today. We felt it was the least we could do to cheer up the boys. Some of the guys had friends who were injured or freaked out and one of the bombs was pretty close so everyone's just all subdued and thoughtful.

Donna's looking better every day- I think the breakthrough has been made and I know I've actually done this girl a favour. Even though I started helping her out for my own gains, I know that she's lots happier. Wow I feel like the girl out of Clueless or something- but not as stupid.

Anyway, we're still working on Donna plucking up the courage to tell her mum that she's going to train to be a beauty therapist, but I think we're close now.

Anyway, what else has been happening? It's been quite quiet really. My supervisor- who I hardly ever see because she's so busy sorting out all the young Pas who cry all the time because they've too much work- came to have a word with me about my run-in with the bitchy PA the other week. I thought I was in the shit because while my supervisor is a nice woman, she doesn't take any shit and is mega efficient- a woman after my own heart. She came up to me earlier this week and said she wanted to talk to me about Anne. "Who's Anne?" was my response. She explained that Anne was Colin's PA and had moaned about me because of my rudeness. When I quoted back almost word for word the exchange I'd had with the snippy bitch, I could see my supervisor's mouth tighten as if she was trying not to laugh.

She said "Look, this woman's a lazy bitch and we know it, and she knows we know it, but people are hard to sack...unless they're temps." I gulped at this point. "But," she continued, "as long as you just stay out of her way and try not to rub her up the wrong way again I'm sure I can sort it." She laid her hand on my shoulder quite protectively. "I think I've dealt with it now and while I'm not saying you have to take any nonsense from her or anybody, just watch your step. Some of these Pas have been here since before Stonehenge and can get uppity about newcomers pointing out how lazy they are." She then smiled and walked off. That's what I believe they call a result!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you...are such a giver with your low cut shirts.


    brings a tear to my eye.


    hehehehhee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home