The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Take a break

For the first time in years, I'm without an assignment. It's quite a weird feeling, but it's by choice. My agent had a really amazing one coming up for me that starts next week and I really wanted that one so have held out for it and as a result couldn't take anything on. My two weeks at the plastic hellhole got worse. My internet access caused boardroom clashes and internal enquiries the likes of which haven't been seen since Dallas was off the air, so I was disconnected a paltry 48 hours after first logging on. The rest of my miserable assignment was spent phoning my friends, meeting Rob for lunch(and hearing how since he went gay his weekends have been a whirl of bad clubs, shaven heads, sex parties, amyl nitrate and more Class A's than Jim Morrison would have known what to do with) sharpening pencils and generally being bored out of my tiny fucking mind.

Next assignment is in a top City law firm with an impossibly long name and very plush offices. It's pretty long term because it's for maternity leave and the money's lovely so I'll be doing my utmost to look like one efficient motherfuckin' Receptionista. I'm hoping for a bit of Square Mile legal glamour and that as well as the drop dead hot lawyers, there'll be loads of interesting crims who've been up to all sorts. Knowing my luck, I'll have got the details wrong and it'll be lawyers for a small claims court and they'll be dealing with old men who wave their cocks at schoolgirls or menopausal shoplifters.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    brings me to tears....no internet access! that's just....insanity.

    those people are monsters.



    law types...you go girl! get your groove on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home