The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Good Thursday

Because it's Good Friday tomorrow, half of the staff have been drifting off out of the door all afternoon and most of their bosses either never returned from lunch or didn't bother at all. All of those mini-breaks to places I've already been or have no desire to go can begin at last. I can hardly wait to hear all the tales of rip-off hotels, food poisoning and chi chi market bargains when they all get back.

I checked Le Boss's answer phone and had a sneaky listen to the message left by the previous receptionist yesterday. I needn't have worried- the poor bitch is obviously losing it. From what I heard from her whining pleas, her so-called extended sickness was actually instant dismissal for stealing, lying and being the shittest receptionist ever. So my position seems safe- for now. I left the message for him to hear.

I saw Sara, the embittered blonde, for the first time in a while today. She must have a stone up her arse about something, because I got nothing more than a growl from her. Perhaps she's upset because one of her former shags has been giving a LOT of attention to a new member of staff. He even took her out for a drink yesterday lunch time which is fast work because she's only been here a couple of weeks. And no, it's not me but another very lovely temp with legs that go on for decades. You go girl! Temp solidarity and all that. Anyway, poor embittered blonde is not a happy (Easter) bunny.

Le Boss swung by on his way out at midday and left me with a big Easter Egg and a lovely little card. I thought at first that he wanted to arrange this to be couriered to his wife but they are for me! How lovely. I wonder what the embittered blonde's boss got for her. I'd guess from the look on her face that whatever it was, it was sour.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what? no new temp snarks?


    I don't believe it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home