The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tempgirl calling

My consultant called and asked if I wanted to do this assignment for another two weeks. I said only if there was absolutely nothing out there that would be any good for me. And I mean anything. Outbound calls are the pits because:

  • Nobody wants to be called during Corrie/ Loose Women/ Cash in the Attic/ Deal or No Deal/ Quincy
  • The sort of people that are in during the day don't usually have enough money to scratch their arse with so it feels like you're cheating them by offering them further 'drawdowns' on their mortgage.It's like they don't realise they have to pay it back.
  • I hate being called a bitch or worse thirty times a day.
Another problem with working solely on the phones is that nobody has a chance to speak to you. In some jobs you're praying that none of the freaks engage you in chat but when the privilege is denied, you become rabid for conversation. Such is the starvation, no sooner does a cleaner say hi as you pass in the corridor than you're asking them all about their holidays and telling them about what you're planning on doing at the weekend. Receptionist jobs are best because you get to speak to more people and also float around passing on messages and just generally shooting the breeze.

I find out tomorrow if I'm trapped here for another fortnight. I sincerely hope not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home