The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pecking order

It's been a busy week so far. My relationship with the lazy cow has taken a turn for the worse- she caught me talking to one of the guys that she fancies (which is pretty much everything with a willy) and has started to freeze me out. It's not good to make enemies so early on, but I can handle this bitch so I'll just watch and wait and see how she strikes- and strike she will, believe me.

The guy I was speaking to is Rob- a really lovely guy who is a prince among twats in this place. As is the norm at new assignments, the fact that this guy doesn't have knuckles dragging on the floor and can do more than grunt means that I've elevated him to Office Sexgod status. This happens all the time and comes from hours and hours of sitting behind a PC on a not-very-comfy chair staring at everybody who comes in. You should see some of the dogs I have briefly daydreamed over. When you're starved of pretty men, you start to see other qualities in the mingers. Rob, however, isn't really a minger at all so he is a little bit worthy of his status. He's a nice guy and has a girlfriend and seems to take away on holiday a lot, from what I've heard. As is the law, his girlfriend will probably be a whiny, string-faced bitch with a bad attitude. I should break my rule and go to after-work drinks and see if she comes along- she sounds like the type that would.

In other news, the big boss's PA seems to have me pegged as being her PA, which is obviously a mistake. You can tell it's been a while since she had anyone to boss around and she loves the fact that she's PA to the grand chief by the way she swans about looking as if she's concentrating very hard on something- probably staying upright. Here's a wake-up call for you sweetheart, you may be a millionaire's girl Friday, but you're still just a glorified typist. At least I know my station in the office pecking order- I half expect this witch to come into work in a tiara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home