The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Back in the driving seat

I guess you've been wondering where I've been. Or maybe you haven't. The truth is that I enjoyed my Easter break a little too much and ended up falling over and hurting my ankle. I've been a bad-tempered bitch all week and so haven't felt like blogging much. Today's my first day back at work and it's not going well. The clueless bag that replaced me while I was away has been pissing everybody off by putting calls through to the wrong place, sending deliveries away and generally being an uptight spinster when it came to doing little favours for the bosses.

What she failed to understand is that to be a good Receptionsita you need to make yourself indispensable. I think the fact that I'm back in the chair while she was out scavenging for other temp work speaks volumes. The bosses are so pleased to see me that they said they'd buy me whatever I wanted from the deli. Aw.

So I'm back and there's lots to do. It's Friday, though, so I usually start winding down for the weekend- ooh- about now.

More next week when I've got my groove back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home