The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Friday, May 12, 2006

That Friday feeling

Today is my last day in this office. It's been a thrilling couple of months- not. Sara the embittered blonde has been off sick for the past few days, so I've pretended that I didn't even notice she was gone and made sure that I've left lots of messages on her work phone saying things like "Sara, I'm just popping out to lunch with (insert name of one of guys she fancies here), so if you need anything, call X and she'll help you." That should keep her going for the next few days when she gets back.

Le Boss doesn't want me to go and offered me a longer contract with more money. I politely declined, but said any time they needed anyone in an emergency, I'd be here. Over lunch today, Le Boss asked for my mobile number and I really didn't know how to react. I had him down for a loving, dutiful husband but I noticed that now all-too-familiar glint in the eye and realised the awful truth- he's just a big fucking bastard like all the rest. What a shame. I gave him the number, but will never pick up when he calls.

Rob (I've mentioned him before) asked for my number too. As he's not my boss and I don't need a reference from him, I could say "Look love, you've got a girlfriend and I am not the mistress type so fuck right off. How dare you!" He then explained that he had actually finished with his girlfriend and was now seeing a GUY so could I please stop being such a hostile bitch and give him my number. Ha! I did. And I will pick up.

So what does Monday bring? More Receptionista fun in a firm making plastics. Ooh now that sounds exciting.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooooohhh...plastics! like toys?? not the naughty kind. well, maybe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home