The temp tells all

Ever wondered how boring it must be to temp for a living? Wonder no more! Read my blog and share my pain- no snoozing at the back now!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

My new project

I couldn't help but notice that there were hardly any clients or visitors booked to come in this afternoon as I had a look at the schedule. Donna- sweaty from her usual lunchtime session in the gym- tells me it's due to the world cup football match today. It starts at 5 but the lawyers will probably have been getting pissed since lunchtime and will be watching the game on the huuuge screen in one of the boardrooms from kick-off. I was quite shocked by this- I mean I've worked with some skivers in my time but lawyers are usually more interested in charging the hourly rate rather than watching a football match. Donna tells me they'll bill for this anyway and call it research or something. All the clients are so stupidly rich they probably won't care anyway so I guess it's karma- too much cash and too thick to keep track of it, you deserve to be relieved of it in my book.

Donna and I have had a breakthrough. She confided in me the other day that her actual dream is to be a beautician- the mind fucking boggles, even a burns victim would have second thoughts about the ability of this girl to make anyone look like hot stuff- but her mum evil Jeannie has made her get this proper job and she's been stuck here for 3 years wishing she was applying lipstick or mixing foundation. Well, some old fucker once said divide and rule is the best way forward so rather than alienate Donna I'm going to be her mentor. I'm going to give her what she's never had- no, not cosmetic surgery, even better- a bit of encouragement. I've already been scouring the internet for courses she could do and I've brought in a few samples for her to try from a beauty therapist friend of mine. I'm going to do my best to empower my little charge so that eventually she'll be strong enough to stand up to the evil Jeannius and go for her dreams. And THEN, I'll be top Receptionista- until I get bored anyway.

It feels very weird to be doing something nice for a rival- I think it's a nice feeling, I'm not sure. Anything that's sticks one in Jeannie's bloodshot eye has got to be worth a try.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    an interesting turn of events.

    very diabolical...but yet...still granting you angel status.

    you...ARE the master.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home